WHAT SHOULD YOU ASK YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT CERVICAL CANCER?
It is important for you to have frank, open discussions with your cancer care team. They will answer all of your questions, no matter how trivial you might think they are. Here are some questions to consider.
- What type of cervical cancer do I have?
- Has my cancer spread beyond the cervix?
- Can the stage of my cancer be determined and what does that mean?
- What are my treatment choices?
- What treatment do you recommend and why?
- What are the risks or side effects of the treatment?
- Will I be able to have children after my treatment?
- What should I do to be ready for treatment?
- What are the chances of my cancer will reoccur with the treatment programs we have discussed?
- Should I follow a special diet?
- Based on what you have learned about my cancer, what is my prognosis (outlook for chances of survival)?
- What do I tell my children, husband, parents and other family members?
- Can I make decisions?
In addition to these simple questions, be sure to write down some of your own questions. You can also get more information from the internet.